|PREP||COOK||KCAL||FATS (G)||CARBS (G)||PROTEIN (G)|
|10 mins||25 mins||91||4||9||6|
1 cup (120g) oat flour
¼ cup (25g) vanilla protein powder
½ cup (100g) strawberries, chopped into small pieces
2 tbsp. stevia
½ tsp. baking soda
pinch sea salt
1 tbsp. lemon juice
zest of ½ a lemon
1 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
¾ cup egg whites (around 3 eggs)
2 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
½ cup (125g) non-fat Greek yogurt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
¼ cup (45g) 75% dark chocolate, chopped
Muffins will keep in a sealed container for 1-2 days at room temperature or 5-7 days in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Mix all dry ingredients, except the chocolate chips, and then mix in all wet ingredients. Stir until a smooth batter is formed, then lightly stir in strawberries and chocolate chips (leave a few aside to top the muffins).
- Line a muffin tray with muffin liners and spray with oil. Make sure you spray the liners (paper or silicone), or the muffins will stick.
- Pour the batter evenly into the muffin tin. Drop 3-5 mini chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
- Bake the muffins for 23-25 minutes or until the muffins are cooked through and the edges browned.
- Remove from the oven, and let the muffins cool before serving.
Strawberries contain high amounts of beneficial plant compounds and antioxidants, such as pelargonidin, ellagic acid, ellagitannins, and procyanidins.